Thursday, March 22, 2007

Win Tricia's Book

Said bye to Stephanie last night on American Idol and I think it was too soon. Only one will win, but her vocals were so much stronger than several others, don't you think? This is when we start to see the popularity aspect of the show rather than the talent factor. Kind of like life. Hm.


On to better things...
Hey all history buffs! The other day my buddy, the talented Tricia Goyer guested on this blog to tell us about her new book, Valley of Betrayal. I'll be randomly picking someone from TODAY'S comments to win a free-free-free copy of this first book in Tricia's series, Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War. Stop on by tomorrow to see who's won.


Lately, some pretty nice reviews of Chocolate Beach have popped up in cyberspace--and I didn't even pay 'em, ha! Seriously, I'm sooo grateful for the time so many people have taken to actually read and then write about my first "baby." Really, really, really grateful! I've posted two recent reviews here: titletrakk and deena's books


Okay, off to work...

Sun's out--surf's up!

6 comments:

Robert Bartlett said...

It is a sunny day here in southern Alabama. I enjoy your blog and would appreciate being entered into the book give-away.

Unknown said...

Your book is the best I have read in a long time. I am almost afraid to finish it because I don't want it to end.

I am sure you keep hearing stuff like this but I had to let you know that your book is GREAT!

~Erin

Anonymous said...

Tricia makes history come alive. I loved her WW II books. Please put my name in the drawing for her new title.

Julie, your posts about our posts about your bookstore visits were a delight to read. You've got the "drive-by signing" thing nailed. :-)

Anonymous said...

I read Deena's review the other day, too! Can't wait to read your book...just haven't been to the bookstore lately. And you are much nicer than me about AI. I can't believe we said goodbye to Stephanie when there are other people (like Sanjaya!) who aren't as good!

I'd love to win Tricia's book...and yours, too! (just a thought *wink, wink*)

Deena Peterson said...

With so much coming out in Christian fiction, it's the least I can do to write a review about a new book I enjoyed! It's a privilege to support you in your craft...but thanks for the link!

I'm watching for the new book....

Chaos-Jamie said...

I loaned my copy of Chocolate beach to my MIL and she wants to know why the brownie recipe isn't in there(?). I said it is because someone/somewhere wouldn't like it and wall bang the book because of it. But if you want to make your readers happy, you could oblige us with a recipe. :-D